Jeff Senter Policy and Research Intern
Students Active for Ending Rape
Students Active for Ending Rape (SAFER) is looking for an intern for the Fall 2009 semester to work on our Policy and Research team. The Jeff Senter Policy and Research Intern will work with the coordinator to assist other student activists organize around the issue of sexual violence on their campuses.
* Writing scripts for instructional videos.
* Coordinating students for focus groups testing database entry form.
* Working with coordinator and website designer to achieve final look and content for the student submitted school form.
* Responding to requests for information about the database.
* Completing the before and after policy examples.
* Additional duties as needed to allow the successful launch of our student submitted school form.
* Located in NYC with the ability to come to the downtown Manhattan office at least once a week.
* Available to work 8 - 10 hours per week.
* Advanced undergraduate.
* Able to work independently.
* Excellent writer.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Comfortable being filmed.
* Basic video editing knowledge is highly desirable.
The Jeff Senter Policy and Research Intern will be supervised by the Policy and Research Coordinator.
This is an unpaid internship, but we do offer one need-based scholarship for $600 available for qualified students. If you're interested in the Founders Scholarship, please note this in your cover letter and we will send you the scholarship application.
Please also let us know if you will be seeking school credit for these internships.
To apply please send a cover letter, telling us about yourself and why you're interested in joining SAFER, with a resume to:
National NOW Young Feminist Task Force
NOW-NYS Young Feminist Task Force Chair
National Organization for Women (NOW)