FILM MARKETING AND OUTREACH INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
In the age of consent, how can we make safer, healthier communities?
"The Line" is a cutting edge short documentary film that explores sexual consent. It is a sponsored project of the New York Foundation of the Arts (NYFA) and our education partners are the Internet Sexuality Information Service (ISIS-Inc).
Working closely with filmmaker and activist Nancy Schwartzman, be part of an exciting, cutting edge film distribution program. Using the documentary film "The Line" catalyze and create the space for dialogue about sexual boundaries, consent and equality. Learn how to make a film make change!
- Coordinate campus visits and screenings for "The Line" documentary for Fall 2009 and Spring 2010.
- Develop partnerships with campus groups, women's centers, non profit organizations and prevention and education resources.
- Monitor blogs and Web sites (feminist, human rights/social change, glbt violence prevention, etc.) to identify opportunities for screenings, discussions, activism including link exchanges with other sites, mailing lists, website discussion areas, online newsletters, web press, etc.
- Develop and implement online PR strategy to amplify our reach online and to grow our e-subscriber list.
- Research and implement web-based outreach, PR and marketing activities including social networking via Facebook, MySpace etc., viral marketing, search engine marketing, text messaging, blogs, tagging and other forms of electronic communications.
- Oversee evaluation following screenings including a survey testimony gathering, and follow-up interviews.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for sexual education and violence prevention for college students and teen-agers.
- Commitment to human rights, gender equality and creating independent female voices in media.
- Interest in online engagement, public interest advocacy/campaigns, and film.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email lists, as well as Internet research skills.
- Ability to work with social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, etc.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with a team that is far-flung geographically
Please email resume, relevant experience and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org